100 Black Men of Greater Detroit, Inc. is comprised of successful and committed African Americans in metro Detroit area coming together to make a difference in the lives of our youth. As you view our members online please note their diverse backgrounds, experiences and ages. We recommend you view our event calendar and come to one of our membership meetings to learn of us first hand.
It is expected of all our members to:
- Serve on at least one committee
- Serve at least 10 hours annually in our mentoring program “Project Success”
- Participate in our programs, i.e. Health Walk, Oratorical Contest, etc.
- Attend regularly scheduled events and meetings
- Pay all dues, annual GALA participation, and other assessments in a timely manner
For more information on the process of becoming a member you can reach us at email@example.com. You can also download our Membership Application Form here.
In addition to the primary benefits of having the opportunity to make a difference in the community and impact the life of a youth in a positive way, members of 100 gain the following additional benefits:
- Doing volunteer work may meet your company expectations for community involvement. Some companies pay for their employees to join the organization.
- You become a member of an organization that is known and respected nationally by major corporations.
- Being a member of the Detroit Chapter gives you access to other members of 100 Black Men of America.
- The opportunity to network with other successful African Americans who come from diverse industries, but come together around a common goal.
- Ability to attend social events that are often free to members but cost non-members.
- Participation in quarterly social events that provide exposure and key information from prominent corporate and political leaders.
- New members are partnered with a current member who will work with you and help you learn the organization.